Thursday, January 5, 2023

Do you want to hear from or see someone you haven't seen in a while?

I had previously been a big fan of boxing and I had met Mike Tyson back in the 90's in Derry, NH and eventually lost touch due to many circumstances (long story). 


After losing touch and at one point, I had been offered to be trained to box “full contact” (this was when Christy Martin was popular and was a popular female boxer) by one of the trainers involved in training Peter McNeeley (the first fight Mike Tyson fought when he was paroled from Prison).

Well, hubby didn't like the idea of me boxing, he didn't want me risking my face getting all banged up, and so hubby made me a proposition I couldn't refuse: a baby. My son was then born nine months later.

Anyway, fast forward to 2005. It was when I was working out diligently.
I had heard that Mike Tyson would be fighting Kevin McBride and I wanted to see the fight ring side.

The problem was I had not spoken to Mike Tyson in so long, and so to me there was no real way that I would be able to see the fight.

So, I let the idea go and found myself just thinking about how the fight would play out. I wasn't focusing much on it at all, it would literally cross my mind, I'd picture myself and my husband sitting there watching the fight, and I would let it go.

Less than 12 days had gone by and I received a couple of phone calls from a phone number that I didn't recognize and so I didn't answer it. The third time I received a call again from this unrecognizable number, I answered and it was an old friend in Florida who I had not spoken to in a long time. Needless to say I was quite surprised and kind of taken back.

This person (I won't use his name) was actually the owner of a gym where Mike Tyson was working out in, at that time.

This old friend called to ask me if I wanted two ring side seats for the fight, and tickets to the before and after party for ...Mike Tyson.

I tell you, I was completely surprised. I wanted to go so bad but I knew that hubby would not be able to go (he would be working in New York for a few days at that point) and he would never in a million years let me go by myself.

So I had to decline and I gave him a number of reasons; I had nothing appropriate to wear, he said that would be paid for. I said my hubby wasn't available to come with me and I couldn't go alone, he said security would be provided to me. I said I didn't really have the money at the moment for the flight, he said that too will be covered. Everything would be covered!

No matter what I believed would have been blocking my ability to go, this old friend was unblocking them. LOL.

How do you say no to that? But, in the end I had to, although I do regret it now.

The point is, I created the entire situation through my thoughts and a bit of focusing without even realizing it. Even though I had so many reasons to decline, every single one of them was dismissed as not being an issue at all.

That right there is the power of the universe. 

The focusing technique I wrote about here is the way to create and to manifest anything you want. It really comes down to your ability to focus in detail and to sense (the feeling). With practice you will get stronger and stronger at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment